Effective Date: 11/11/2015
We welcome any and all questions and feedback. For privacy-related issues, please contact us at:
Meyer Corporation, U.S.
ATTN: Consumer Relations Department
One Meyer Plaza
Vallejo, CA 94590
Email us through this link.
What types of information do we collect?
Personally Identifiable information:
Personally Identifiable Information refers to information that lets us know the specifics of whom you are, and can be used to identify, contact or locate you. With this information, we can fill your service and product orders and better provide you with personalized services.
What personally identifiable information do we collect?
- Your name
- Your mailing address
- Your email address
- Your telephone or mobile phone number
- Your drivers’ license number
- Your purchase/return/exchange information
- Your registry event information
- Your date of birth or age
- Your credit/debit card number
- Other identification and contact information
We may also collect certain financial information; whenever we do so, we will attempt to provide a link to this Policy so that you can confirm how this information will be used.
If you choose not to provide information we may not be able to provide you with requested products, services or information.
How and when do we collect personally identifiable information?
- Place an order from any of the Sites
- Return an item or make an exchange
- Inquire about our services
- Request product information
- Create an account on any of the Sites
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion or event either online or offline.
- Correspond with us, or
- Otherwise volunteer information.
How do we use personally identifiable information?
- Process and track your order
- Provide the services you request
- Contact you about the status of an order
- Send you catalogs or promotional offers we believe will be of interest to you
- Identify your product and service preferences
- Customize our communications to you
- Provide information concerning product recalls or products you have purchased
- Improve our merchandise selection and customer service
In some cases we may share your email address with third parties with which we have advertising and promotional agreements in order to facilitate communication from us. Instructions for unsubscribing from any newsletters, promotions or non-transactional related emails are included in every email.
How do you review and correct your personally identifiable information?
In order to keep your personally identifiable information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of it in the following ways:
- If you have created an account on one of the Meyer Sites, you can log in and update your account information, including your name, address, and email address.
- You may contact us by visiting the support section of any of the Meyer Sites and provide us with your contact information, and the personally identifiable information you would like to access or update. We will provide you with the personally identifiable information requested if reasonably available, and will make the corrections that you request, if possible.
Non Personally Identifiable Information:
Non Personally Identifiable Information refers to information that does not identify a specific individual by itself or in combination with other information. We, our partner sites, or service providers, may gather certain information about you once you have visited our site. This Non Personally Identifiable information may be compiled, analyzed, and distributed amongst our partners and service providers on an individual and an aggregated basis.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information is not combined with Personally Identifiable Information.
What non personally identifiable information do we collect?
- The URL of the site you came from or are going to in your visit
- Browsing or shopping path on our sites
- Non personally identifiable purchase information
- The IP address and other non personally identifiable information relayed by your internet browser during your visit, such as region, type of browser you used, the device you used to browse our site, etc.
How do we collect non personally identifiable information?
- We utilize web analytics tags to track pages, or documents accessed through our sites during your visit.
- We utilize click-stream technology on our sites, which may not be readily apparent to you that it is being collected.
How do we use non personally identifiable information?
- To make our sites more interesting and useful to you.
- For analyzing and improving the value of the material available on any of our sites.
- To increase the effectiveness of the products we will offer to you in the future.
- To help our partners and service providers, or our site design teams to create, serve, and track promotions our customers might like.
Information from Other Sources
We collect data that’s publicly available. For example, information you submit in a public forum (e.g. a blog, chat room, or social network) can be read, collected, or used by us and others, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
We may also obtain information provided by third parties. For instance, we may obtain information from companies that can enhance our existing customer information to improve the accuracy and add to the information we have about our customers (for example, adding address information).
This improves our ability to contact you and increases the relevance of our marketing by providing better product recommendations or special offers that may interest you.
All Meyer Sites, and some of our third party advertising service partners utilize cookie technology to store and retrieve non personally identifiable information in order to provide services to you.
We utilize cookies to:
- Store and retrieve non personally identifiable information
- Serve promotions
- Recognize browser, and associated browsing activities
- Securely store account passwords
- Store personalized home pages
- Store which parts of a site have been visited or keep track of selections, such as those selected in a shopping cart.
- If you choose for the site to remember you and automatically log you in, we utilize the cookie to authorize your account, in order to pre-populate forms with personally identifiable information like your email address (the personal identifiable information is not stored in the cookie)
- Measure the effectiveness of our ads, and to determine what advertising content to display to you, based on your interactions on our site, as well as on third-party sites where you may visit.
A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive, pass on a computer virus, or capture your email address.
The help function of your browser should contain instructions to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at this time. If you set your computer to not receive cookies at any time, certain personalized services cannot be provided to you, and accordingly, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our sites’ features (i.e. making purchases).
How long is your personally identifiable information retained?
Unless we choose otherwise, or receive a reasonable request to remove personally identifiable information, we retain all personally identifiable information and non personally identifiable information forever.
How is your personally identifiable information shared?
We share the information we collect from you with Meyer Corporation, U.S. which includes all of its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Meyer Corporation, U.S. may use this information to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you.
We contract with other companies (such as shippers and website developers) to provide certain services to Meyer in order to:
- Fulfill orders.
- Promote Meyer and its brands.
- Provide contests
- The development and creation of our Sites.
- Place advertisements, using only non personally identifiable information, such as information stored in cookies as described above.
In some instances, these contractors may have access to Personally Identifiable Information but they are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality of the information and to use it only for purposes of carrying out the business of Meyer.
Your personally identifiable information is never shared with any third party (except, as described above, with our contractors who use it to carry out Meyer business.) To learn more about the terms of service and privacy policies of our third party partners with whom we share information, please visit their sites below, which include but are not limited to:
We may disclose information we collect when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or disposal of all or part of our business or assets; or to protect the rights property or safety of our company, our users or others.
Elsewhere at Your Direction
At your direction or request, or when you otherwise consent, we may share your information. For example, if you create a wish list and elect to make it available to the public, your information will be accessible on our website, mobile or social applications.
Sharing Non Personally Identifiable or Aggregate Information with Third Parties
We may share non personally identifiable information or aggregate information (information that does not directly identify an individual) with third parties for lawful purposes.
In connection with the sale or transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may transfer the corresponding information regarding our customers. We also may retain a copy of that customer information.
Sharing with Other Companies (for their marketing purposes)
Although we follow the rules we’ve outlined in this policy, there are times when we may have to disclose your personally identifiable information to appropriate third parties. Such circumstances include:
- To comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order;
- To protect Meyer’s rights and property;
- To investigate reports of fraud or of users sending material using a false e-mail address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages;
- To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of any of the Sites;
- During emergencies, such as when we believe someone’s physical safety is at risk.
In the unlikely event that Meyer ever becomes insolvent and seeks protection under bankruptcy or insolvency laws, or if we plan to merge or be acquired by another business entity, Meyer may share or sell your personally identifiable information and non personally identifiable information with a third party that acquires our business.
Our Do Not Track Policy
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser “do not track” signals, but we do provide you the option to opt out of behavioral advertising. To learn more about OBA or to opt-out of this type of advertising, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website or Digital Advertising Alliance Website. Options you select are browser and device specific.
What choices do I have about Meyer collecting, using, and disclosing my information?
It is possible for you to use much of our Site without giving us any personally identifiable information. When you do register with us or give us personally identifiable information, you will have an opportunity at the time we collect your information to limit e-mail communications from Meyer. If you do not wish Meyer to use your identifiable information to communicate with you about Meyer products, or share your identifiable information with third parties, you may contact Meyer by postal mail or email at the address listed above and advise us of your preference. We will try to implement your preference within a reasonable period of time thereafter.
Even if you request that we not disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties, we may disclose personally identifiable information in the good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, respond to any claims, or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Meyer Site users or the public. Information collected through this Site, including personally identifiable information, may be disclosed as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition.
How to manage communication from us:
We offer choices about the types of information you receive from us. If you prefer not to receive product information or other communications from Meyer or if you prefer to receive them less frequently, please contact us.
Please be sure to provide us your exact name and address, or a mailing label, so that we can be sure to identify you correctly. Because mailings are planned in advance, it may take several weeks for your request to become effective. If, due to human error, you continue to receive unwanted communications, please contact us again and we will make every effort to correct the situation.
In addition, Meyer offers the following choices regarding the use of your information.
- You may choose not to provide us with any personally identifiable information.
- You may set your browser not to accept cookies, or to warn you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. If you choose not to accept cookies, however, your ability to navigate our Sites may be hindered.
- If you would like to unsubscribe from any of our mailing lists, follow the instructions in the email footer. If you have further questions, view our Customer Support Knowledge Base or Submit a Question to us.
- If you do not want us to share your information with the parties necessary to help administer our Sites, please do not submit your personally identifiable information.
When you provide us your email address, we may send you emails necessary to process your order or respond to a request. For example, after you place an order at any of any of the Sites you will receive an email confirmation and, in most cases, an email with package tracking information. It is our intent to send you promotional email only if you have agreed to receive it. Instructions on how to unsubscribe are included in each promotional e-mail or newsletter. Your email address will be used only to respond to your request or to process your order, and will not be shared with any third parties. Instructions for unsubscribing are included in every email containing promotional material.
Links to Other Websites
Occasionally we provide links on any of the Sites to other sites we think you will enjoy. These sites operate independently of Meyer and have established their own privacy and security policies. Meyer does not have any control over the privacy practices of these sites. For the best online experience, we strongly encourage you to review these policies at any site you visit.
How is your personally identifiable information protected?
It is our intent to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you. We employ reasonable security measures to protect the security of the information you submit to us. We limit the information we provide to outside companies with whom we contract to only what they need to carry out their responsibilities. When you make a purchase, request product information or create an account on any of the Sites, your transactional information is transmitted in a safe, encrypted format. We maintain the data you provide, along with a record of your purchases, in a secure database.
We also encourage our partners and service providers to adopt and follow stringent consumer privacy policies.
However, no e-commerce solution, website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof”. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personally identifiable information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
Privacy of Children on the Sites
It is our policy not to collect Personally Identifiable Information from any person under 13 because children are not permitted to order from any of the Sites, and we request that children under the age of 13 not submit any Personally Identifiable Information to us through any of the Sites. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered Personally Identifiable Information from children under 13, we will promptly remove such information from our records.
Special Notice to California Residents
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have the right to request and receive from us, one a year and free of charge, information about the personally identifiable information we have disclosed (if any) to third parties for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personally identifiable information shared. To make such a request, please contact us, including the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line, and provide us with your name, postal address and email address.
How to Contact Us
This history changes begins as of November 2015, and includes the date of the update, as well as a description of changes.
Last Updated: 11/11/2015
Meyer Is a Registered Trademark of Meyer Manufacturing Company Limited –
© 2007 Meyer Corporation